Is there a mysthical problem with psqlODBC + MSAccess + sequences IN SCHEMAS ?

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is there a mysthical problem with psqlODBC + MSAccess + sequences IN SCHEMAS ?
Date: 2009-08-13 09:34:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I've got an Access-App using PG 8.4 in a LAN.
The systems dude said he updated to odbc 8.400 on all clients.
Though the same issue appeared with PG 8.3.7 and odbc 8.2.5 before.

Among others, there are 2 tables sitting in a schema.
Their primary keys are sequences.
I link those tables into access and the keys are shown as autovalue as
expected.

When Access tries to add a record, it complains that the relation
"versandinfos_versandinfo_id_seq" wouldn't exist and throws an error #7.

There are 2 solutions.
1)   I move those tables to the public schema and relink within access.

2)   I remove the sequence as default ... and reset it again at once.
That makes Access happy without relink.
Like:
ALTER TABLE versand.versandinfos ALTER COLUMN versandinfo_id SET DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE versand.versandinfos ALTER COLUMN versandinfo_id SET DEFAULT
nextval('versand.versandinfos_versandinfo_id_seq'::regclass);

I can't point a finger to where this issue roots.
It's obviously no permission problem since I can enter records all the
time with psql or pgAdmin.
It appears when I used ALTER TABLE SET SCHEMA.
The recent "outbreak" might be triggered by a pg_restore since I sat up
a new db-machine yesterday and reimported the whole database.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Philippe LangDate: 2009-08-13 11:36:54
Subject: Re: Crash in psqlodbc30a.dll