Re: machine-readable explain output v4

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: machine-readable explain output v4
Date: 2009-08-10 12:39:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andres Freund wrote:
> I produced/mailed a relaxng version for a a bit older version and I plan to
> refresh and document it once the format seems suitably stable. I am not sure
> it is yet. If yes, this should not take that long...
> (Relaxng because you easily can convert it into most other XML schema
> description languages)

I don't mind doing both, but I think one should be authoritative, and
whatever the relative technical merits are (please, let's not debate
that here) the fact after quite some years is that XML Schemas have much
more traction. See the thread that starts at
<http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200804/msg00058.html>. For
example, Xerces-J supports XML Schemas natively.

Anyway, now it's committed I will be having a play with it.

cheers

andrew