Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema

From: Petr Jelinek <pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Date: 2009-08-09 23:14:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Petr Jelinek wrote:
> I attached revised version of the patch. Changes, thoughts:
> - SCHEMA is mandatory now
> - removed VIEWS and GRANT ON VIEW since it looks like only me and
> Stephen want it there
> - the patch is now made so that adding new filters in the future won't
> mean tearing of half of the parser code and replacing it
> - I decided to go with GRANT ON ALL IN SCHEMA syntax, because I am
> thinking there is no difference in adding extended syntax to the
> standard command in GRANT and in SELECT, ALTER TABLE and other
> commands we extended. And I don't see any way standard could add
> exactly same syntax for doing something completely different (which is
> the only way they could break this).
Argh, why does this always happen to me ? Immediately after sending the
patch I realized there needs to be one more little change done (merging
tables and views in the getNamespacesObjectsOids function).

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)

Attachment Content-Type Size
grantonall-20090810v2.diff.gz application/x-tar 5.1 KB