Re: Reg: Data Conversion in PGSQl

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: Rama Mohan Reddy <reddy2ramu(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reg: Data Conversion in PGSQl
Date: 2009-07-31 05:17:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Rama Mohan Reddy wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> My Client gave me data in .dat format for each table,
> which is in postgresql in linux environment
> I want to table data in windows environment

I'd suggest taking a look at those .dat files, see if they are in fact
CSV or SQL or what. for instance, in a CMD prompt window...

type somefile.dat | more

just the first couple lines of one of these files should show enough.
if they are some kind of raw binary data, than i dunno what you could do
with them. if they are in a CSV format, you should be able to import
them into almost anything, like postgres on windows, Microsoft SQL
Server, Access, even Excel.