Re: WIP: to_char, support for EEEE format

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: to_char, support for EEEE format
Date: 2009-07-29 16:23:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Brendan Jurd escreveu:
> Filling unused characters in the string with "#" may be strange, but
> changing it would require a much broader patch that covers all of the
> numeric formatting styles, not just EEEE. A TODO is probably the way
> to go.

That was my suggestion: a TODO.

> So if you put the test inside the switch, it would need to appear in
> every single branch of the switch except for the NUM_E one. I'm
> confused about why you think this needs a comment. Perhaps I
> misunderstood you?

Yes, I know you need to modify every 'case' clause to test if EEEE was
previously used (that was one suggestion) but I said if you don't want to go
that way, add a comment explaining why you're using that 'if' above the
'switch' and not inside it.

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/