Re: Can't Access Pgsql 7.4.3 in phpPgAdmin on Mac OS X

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Lola Lee <lola(at)his(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't Access Pgsql 7.4.3 in phpPgAdmin on Mac OS X
Date: 2004-12-15 20:09:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Lola,

On Dec 15, 2004, at 6:31 AM, Lola Lee wrote:

> I am running the latest version of OS X on my PowerBook. When I try
> to access my 7.4.3 Postgresql installation (I used the package from
> entropy.ch), I get this message "Login disallowed for security
> reasons. ". So, I checked ph_hba.conf and this is how it is set up
> right now:

This is in the FAQ document in the phpPgAdmin main directory:

Q: For some users I get a "Login disallowed for security" message.

A: Logins via phpPgAdmin with no password or certain usernames (pgsql,
postgres, root, administrator) are denied by default. Before
changing this
behaviour (setting $conf['extra_login_security'] to false in the
config.inc.php file) please read the PostgreSQL documentation about
client
authentication and understand how to change PostgreSQL's pg_hba.conf
enable passworded local connections.

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/