psqlODBC parameter defaults ?

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psqlODBC parameter defaults ?
Date: 2009-07-20 23:17:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,
in the docu there is a list of parameters with abbrevations to put into
the connectionstring though it dosn't say what the defaults are.
It was nice to know which parameter I have to use because I don't like
the default instead of having to list every parameter that might make sense.

Are there options that get ignored with recent servers anyway or
actually would harm a connection to an 8.3.x ++ server?

I use MSAccess 2000 and 2003 on a LAN as frontend to a postgresql 8.3.5
on a linux host. There is a plan to upgrade to 8.4, too as soon the
linuxdistro has it in the repository.
Basically this works allready though I figured the connectionstring out
of the www samples that came from PG 7.x ages so there might be some new
things to mind.
Is there a set of options that is commonly regarded as "optimal".

Regards
Andreas

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Jasmin DizdarevicDate: 2009-07-21 19:21:42