Re: Flush Shared Buffer Cache

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Suvankar Roy <suvankar(dot)roy(at)tcs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Flush Shared Buffer Cache
Date: 2009-07-15 15:18:22
Lists: pgsql-admin
Suvankar Roy wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone help me out with how to flush out Shared Buffer Cache in
> Postgres.
> One way would be to restart the database, but I would like to avoid that.
AFAIK, that's the only way.

Is there a reason that you need to dump the shared buffers?  Perhaps if
we knew what you were trying to accomplish we could provide you with a
suitable solution that doesn't require a restart...

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Expert PostgreSQL, PostGIS, and other Open Source training delivered worldwide.