Re: 8.5 development schedule

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.5 development schedule
Date: 2009-07-01 02:18:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:

> One thing Peter forgot to mention here is that the next-to-last
> commitfest is the *last* commitfest for new major features.  For the
> *last* commitfest, any patch introduced either has to be a
> resubmission of something we've seen at a prior CF, or has to be very
> "small" (i.e. not many lines/files, no side effects, no API or defined
> standard API).
>
> This makes the next-to-last CF our "biggest" CF.

I thought we discussed that at pgCon in May and rejected it.

I have very, very serious reservations about it. I think we need to get
better about proper triage, especially on the final commitfest, rather
than moving the effective feature freeze back a whole commitfest.

ISTM we're in danger of becoming dominated by procedures. Let's keep it
light and loose.

cheers

andrew