Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>, "Leif B(dot) Kristensen" <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Date: 2009-06-30 22:37:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> Just keep re-asking until you hear no objections. That will make it
> fair. Make it seem as if there is the only one person with an objection,
> when others have already agreed.

Dude, other people objected on specific counts.  That is, there were
specific things they objected to, rather than the whole idea.  Then,
just like code, we do a "here it is with that specific thing fixed.  Is
it OK now?"

I've got that *you* don't like the whole idea.  I don't have that
definitely from *anyone* else (except maybe Gavin, and I'm still not
clear on what his response means), and quite a few people said they
liked the idea -- in fact, the majority who have spoken up on this list.

That's why I'm iterating -- to make sure we've removed the specific
objections of most of the people on this list.

I may not get to ignore you, but you don't get sole veto power either.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.