Re: 8.5 development schedule

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.5 development schedule
Date: 2009-06-30 17:41:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I think we used to do it more or less like that, but people
> didn't like it because they couldn't do any long-range planning.

Well, obviously the 8.4 release cycle did little to help them.

As has already been observed, there is a crying need to say "no" at
some point to get a release out.

It might actually help to do that on big patches if we don't let too
many tiny ones accumulate.  I seem to remember the argument being tossed
about that "we might as well keep working on this one because there's
all these others to wrap up."

-Kevin

Subject: Re: foreign.h is not installed