Am I in intransaction or in autocommit mode?

From: durumdara <durumdara(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Am I in intransaction or in autocommit mode?
Date: 2009-06-29 13:28:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

Can I check with something that I'm in "in-transaction" or in autocommit
mode?
I wanna avoid the notices I got when I'm also in mode I need...

For example:
"begin"
"begin" --- error notice...

Thanks for your help:
dd

ps: in my prev. mail I asked this too, but in another context...
possible this subject is better for this question.