Re: stat() vs cygwin

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: stat() vs cygwin
Date: 2009-06-28 13:33:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian schrieb:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> Oh, good, thanks for clearing that up. So should we just document that
>>> OpenSSL doesn't work on Cygwin and call this item closed?
>>>

>> This item should be closed. We should see if Reini can submit an
>> acceptable patch for OpenSSL.
>
> I have documented that OpenSSL is not supported for Cygwin.

Excuse me?
openssl works fine on cygwin, even without the testing patch which was
attached. This patch only tried to optimize openssl socket handling
equivalent to WIN32.
Please revert that documentation.

The current configure args of the official postgresql packages are:
--enable-nls --with-openssl --with-perl --with-python --with-ldap

The problem is just that SSPI auth does not compile on cygwin.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/