Re: Stuck cvs lock on anoncvs repository

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stuck cvs lock on anoncvs repository
Date: 2009-06-27 12:30:08
Lists: pgsql-www

Tom Lane wrote:
> Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> I encountered the same problem again. Can you release the lock?
>
> Huh. We should look into why that's happening. The previous time was
> right after tagging rc1, and this after tagging final ... seems like
> there must be some connection. Does the lockfile show anything about
> who took the lock?

should be working again now. I'm not sure why this happened but it seems
to coincide with the daily "forced" push of the repo just after midnight.
I suspect that we are somehow rsyncing too much state to anoncvs
(especially the #cvs-lock directory) and we are simply missing a
--exclude '#cvs.*' flag for rsync.

Stefan