query priorities?

From: Thomas Finneid <tfinneid(at)fcon(dot)no>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: query priorities?
Date: 2009-06-23 06:28:42
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi

Is it possible to give queries different priorities?

If I start a bigger query that is not part of the primary work of the
app, it can lead to it eating up the resources in the db so the primary
work does not complete in a reasonable time. Hence, I was wondering if I
can give queries priorities, so that the primary work always has higher
priority. While the secondary work, such as ad hoc queries, do not
obstruct resource access etc for the the primary work.

reagrds

thomas

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Albe LaurenzDate: 2009-06-23 07:38:40