Re: security checks for largeobjects?

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: security checks for largeobjects?
Date: 2009-06-23 04:24:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:38:59AM +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>> David Fetter wrote:
>>> Not according to SQL/MED.

>>> Good point ;)
>>>
>> I would like to develop the feature independent from SQL/MED.
>
> If, as I suspect, SQL/MED does something that would collide with your
> feature, you're about to let yourself in for even more pain, as we
> tend to go with standard features over ones that would be unique to
> PostgreSQL, given the choice.

Since the largeobject is originally a unique feature in PostgreSQL,
I think it can be considered independently from the standard feature.

However, we have no fixed security design here. If you can provide more
preferable security design, could you suggest us?
I never disagree to improve the features.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC