Need more help on venues in downtown San Jose

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Brian Ghidinelli <brian(at)pukkasoft(dot)com>, Bill Pennington <bill(at)whitehatsec(dot)com>, Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>, Dirk Jagdmann <doj(at)cubic(dot)org>
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need more help on venues in downtown San Jose
Date: 2009-06-22 23:20:47
Lists: sfpug

Guys,

I've been unable to get help to book a venue in SJ for the PostreSQL
party. SouthFirst Billiards is not at all ideal (way too loud) but we
may be stuck with it unless someone can find me somewhere else.

I've asked Original Joe's and Eulipia's, but both of those have other
issues and may not be any better.

Here's what we need:
* Venue for 50 to 100 people

* Less than $3000 total for 2 beers plus finger food (means no Gordon
Bierch ... they're $5000 plus)

* On-tap microbrews

* Not dirty

* Noise subdued enough to have serious conversations.

I need suggestions I can move on *tommorrow* and these need to be places
you've actually visited -- we're out of time to check them out again.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.