Re: Index Scan taking long time

From: Bryce Ewing <bryce(at)smx(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Index Scan taking long time
Date: 2009-06-18 22:11:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Tom,

We have managed to improve significantly on the speed of this query.
The way that we did this was through clustering the table based on the
domain index which significantly reduced the page reads that were
required in order to perform the query.

Also to find this we turned on log_statement_stats to see what it was doing.

This was on a table of roughly 600MB where the domains were randomly
dispersed.

Cheers
Bryce