Re: need help on food for next week

From: paul rivers <privers(at)berkeley(dot)edu>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: need help on food for next week
Date: 2009-06-08 18:48:35
Lists: sfpug
Josh Berkus wrote:

>> Last time I was at Cheeseboard pizza, it was $20/pie.  That'd probably
>> work for 40 people.  I'll ask some of the admin folks what they
>> typically do for catered meetings.
>
> Cheeseboard++.  I didn't realize they were that affordable.
>
> That would be about 8 pizzas, with tax and drinks.  Hmmmm ... is that
> enough for potentially 40 people?  I think so, especially since it being
> the first meeting in this location, actual turnout might be as low as 30.
>
> We'll also want to hit a market for drinks, but David & I can hit Smart
> & Final on our way.  Oh, David, can you put the soda you have in your
> fridge?
>
> Paul, I'm assuming that beer wouldn't be permitted?

Unless they have raised prices recently, $20/pie includes tax.

I'm not sure on the beer front... maybe it's best to just avoid trouble
and head over to a pub afterwards.  If we want to use this location
again (or another on campus, Soda Hall or whatever), I can do a little
bit of asking around to see what the story is.

Paul