Re: modo texto

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: inf200468(at)ucf(dot)edu(dot)cu
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: modo texto
Date: 2009-05-30 03:09:09
Lists: pgsql-general

inf200468(at)ucf(dot)edu(dot)cu wrote:

> I need to copy a data base from
> windows to linux, how can I save my data base from windows with pg_dump, and where the
> file is??????
> and after how can I create the data base in linux without graphic
> enviroment , just text mode, with commands

You might be more comfortable doing it with PgAdmin.

Use PgAdmin to connect to your Windows database and make a backup, then
connect to the database running on the Linux server and restore the backup.

To do this, you will have to edit the settings on the Linux server a
little. You will need to enable listening on TCP/IP on the Linux server
in postgresql.conf - look for the listen_addresses directive. You can
usually find postgresql.conf in /etc/postgresql , but it might be in
/etc/postgresql/8.3/main on machines where PostgreSQL is set up so
multiple versions can be installed at once.

You will need to create a database superuser with a password, or set the
a password for the postgres user. For example:

sudo -u postgres psql template1

CREATE USER dba SUPERUSER PASSWORD 'thepassword';

You might also have to edit pg_hba.conf to add an entry permitting
connections from the Windows machine. pg_hba.conf is either in your
PostgreSQL data directory or in the same place as postgresql.conf.

Once that's done, you can do most of your admin with PgAdmin from the
Windows box, though I *STRONGLY* recommend that you do learn to get
around the Linux box and the psql command line.

--
Craig Ringer