Re: Debugger install

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Marcos Davi Reis <davi(at)movamaps(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debugger install
Date: 2009-05-30 03:01:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Marcos Davi Reis wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I did install the pgsql 8.3.7 on Ubuntu 8.04 using apt-get, now i need to
> install pldebugger (edb-debugger) to write complex stored procedures.

I can't speak for the debugger specifically as I haven't built/tested
it, but:

In general, you'd install the postgresql-dev-8.3 and
postgresql-server-dev-8.3 packages, which will provide the headers
required to compile libpq programs and programs that plug directly into
the server. You should then be able to build extensions; their build
systems should find PostgreSQL's headers and libraries fine.

--
Craig Ringer