Re: sun blade 1000 donation

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
Cc: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sun blade 1000 donation
Date: 2009-05-28 18:41:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Andy,

> Yeah, when it shipped I think it was about 75 pounds. It is a tower,
> yes, and an impressively large box (my experience with servers is
> limited, this is the first I've ever gotten to play with, so it may not
> be out of the ordinary). I think my kill-a-watt said, at idle, it was
> near 300W. (Though it's been a while, I may not be remembering that
> correctly, and I don't recall looking at it under load)

Ok, that's not as bad as the spec sheet online looked.  The machine is
still too slow/old for benchmarking though, and we couldn't rack it (our
donated rack space is limited).  Does someone have a home for this
machine?  And would we use it for buildfarm, or for something else?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.