Re: sun blade 1000 donation

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sun blade 1000 donation
Date: 2009-05-28 13:53:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 27 May 2009, andy wrote:
>
>> I have a Sun blade 1000 that's just collecting dust now days...It
>> weighs a ton.
>
> Bah, I know I picked one of those up myself once, which means it's far
> from being what I'd consider a heavy server as Sun hardware goes. Specs
> say it's 70 pounds and pulls 670W. It's a tower form factor through,
> right? That would make it hard to install some places.
>
> --
> * Greg Smith gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD

Yeah, when it shipped I think it was about 75 pounds. It is a tower,
yes, and an impressively large box (my experience with servers is
limited, this is the first I've ever gotten to play with, so it may not
be out of the ordinary). I think my kill-a-watt said, at idle, it was
near 300W. (Though it's been a while, I may not be remembering that
correctly, and I don't recall looking at it under load)

-Andy