Re: sun blade 1000 donation

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sun blade 1000 donation
Date: 2009-05-28 02:00:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Andy,

> I have a Sun blade 1000 that's just collecting dust now days.  I was
> wondering if there were any pg-hackers that could find use for it.
>
> Its dual UltraSPARC III 750 (I think) and has two 36? gig fiber channel
> scsi disks.
>
> It weighs a ton.
>
> I'd be happy to donate it to a good cause.

Feh, as much as we need more servers, we're really limited in our
ability to accept stuff which is large & high power consumption.

Now, if we had a DSL line we could hook it to, I could see using it for
the buildfarm; it would be interesting old HW / old Solaris for us.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.