Re: [Q] SQLMoreResults causes error in SQLFetchScroll

From: Christophe Garault <christophe(at)garault(dot)org>
To: V S P <toreason(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Q] SQLMoreResults causes error in SQLFetchScroll
Date: 2009-05-17 15:53:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Vlad,

V S P wrote :
> Therefore I am pretty certain that it is SQLMoreResults and
> not SQLRowCount that cause a problem for pgODBC.

Sorry I didn't pay enough attention to your code this morning.
And yes SQLMoreResults could be the cause of your problem: this function
is supposed to move to the next resultset !
So calling SQLFetchScroll after SQLMoreResults when having only one
resultset is not a good idea. Btw I'm not sure of what your code is
supposed to do...
Have a look at Ms's site if you want more information:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms714673(VS.85).aspx

> But going back to your question, SQLFetchScroll will error out
> if you do not use select (because it is typically Select that returns
> result rows).
Sure, I thought you were only interested in SQLRowCount.
A lack of caffeine on Sunday morning causes apologies. ;)

--
Christophe Garault