Re: How to prove PostgreSQL is "The world's most advanced open-source database"

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to prove PostgreSQL is "The world's most advanced open-source database"
Date: 2009-05-16 13:33:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Ciao,

Euler Taveira de Oliveira ha scritto:
> Shame on them for not knowing the known-postgresql-slogan.

I agree. As I said, it just took to visit the website and understand it.
The event is organised by academics, so I may partially understand their
objections - although we are not talking about a research paper.

However, I got another talk accepted: a focus on the role of open-source
software in Education, with particular attention to the PostgreSQL
community.
> Wikipedia [1]? Troels's Website [2]?

Thanks for pointing out those resources - I had got them through a
website search with the "comparison" keyword. However, I am suggesting
to add a paragraph (or two) in the website that explains why it is
considered the most advanced one in the open-source context, with a
reference to those resources.

Thanks,
Gabriele

--