How to prove PostgreSQL is "The world's most advanced open-source database"

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to prove PostgreSQL is "The world's most advanced open-source database"
Date: 2009-05-16 08:37:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi guys,

   recently I sent an abstract to a call for paper at the Italian
Conference for Free Software (www.confsl.org) about PostgreSQL managing
large databases. The paper was rejected because I used the motto "the
world's most advanced open-source database". The objection was: "this
kind of sentences cannot be accepted unless they can be objectively proven".

   My fault was that I did not include the sentence in double quotes.
However, I believe that if they had visited the website, they could have
seen that it is our "motto". Anyway, I learnt the lesson.

   I was wondering if we have some official resources on the
website/documentation that explain why PostgreSQL is the world's most
advanced open-source database, comparing its features with the
opensource "competitors".

   Thanks.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
 gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Euler Taveira de OliveiraDate: 2009-05-16 12:52:27
Previous:From: Fernando FontanaDate: 2009-05-11 13:47:23
Subject: Re: Call for New Regional Contacts