Re: pooled prepared statements

From: Thomas Finneid <tfinneid(at)fcon(dot)no>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: John Lister <john(dot)lister(at)kickstone(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pooled prepared statements
Date: 2009-05-13 19:52:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Maybe your right. The query processing takes from 1-10 seconds, so
planning it is not a big factor. But when the load becomes higher, as it
will be as the data increases, the planning might possibly eat time
which could be used elsewhere.

My server, as it is now, is pushing the limits of postgres for my use,
so maybe I need to reclaim as much of wasted time as possible...

We'll see.

thomas