raid setup for db

From: Thomas Finneid <tfinneid(at)fcon(dot)no>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: raid setup for db
Date: 2009-05-13 07:51:29
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi

I am wondering what stripe size, on a raid 0, is the most suitable for
postgres 8.2?

I read a performance tutorial by Bruce Momjian and it suggest setting
the stripe size to the same block size (as pg uses?)
( http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/hw_performance/index.html )
But I want to check whether I have understood this correctly.

Are there any other hot confguration tips I should consider or does
anybody have any suggestions for other raid configuration articles?

regards

thomas