Beta 3

From: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Beta 3
Date: 2009-05-08 09:22:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

Firstly, congratulations on beta 3. An issue I had with the time it took
to for the object browser to refresh has gone away (I was waiting for
the logging fix I raised to investigate myself), and the issue with tabs
in the query window has also been fixed. The performance of the
graphical query builder is now fine as well.

Could I raise a few small points?

1. Query window forgets undo history when it loses focus.
Under Vista if you switch to another window and back to a query window
the the undo history is forgotten, the find and replace and cut menu
items are disabled (although still reachable with ctrl-f).

2. Graphical query builder
The message boxes "No SQL query was generated" and "The generated SQL
query has changed. Do you want to update it?" become rather trying after
a while (at least to me). Could they not appear as status bar messages?
The first one would be fine as is, the second raises another slight
issue. The status bar could say something like "The generated SQL query
has changed." with undo reverting to the last sql, but what actually
happens is that their is a clear window in the history as well, so you
need two undos to get back to the previous SQL - This is a little
confusing could they be grouped as a single undo?

3. New Server Registration
While DB restriction is fixed in server properties, it is not actually
used or stored in New Server Registration i.e. entering a DB restriction
here has no effect.

4. The Links in pgAdmin III help do not all work
I noticed this looking at Connect to Server where at least the
pg_namespace link does not work

Anyway many thanks again for a great piece of software!

Kieran

  • Re: Beta 3 at 2009-05-10 11:21:24 from Dave Page