Re: pgUS at pgDay San Jose?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgUS at pgDay San Jose?
Date: 2009-05-06 03:38:42
Lists: pgus-general

JD,

> I am not attending and have not heard anything about any strategy for
> the San Jose PgDay. As such it is a little difficult for me to define
> how we should participate in this event. That is why I was hoping you
> had and idea of how you would like to shape things.

Well, like the SF PGDay last year and PDXPUG Day, it will be a one-day
single-track event, probably with a keynote, 4 regular talks and a set
of lightning talks. Emphasis of the talks will be for developers.

It will be free. Yes, I would like to recruit students to attend, but
don't necessarily have the contacts to do so (San Jose State would be
particularly apt., as it's within walking distance).

There will be a party of some kind in the evening.

Beyond that, nothing is set. We don't even have a program committee
yet; David, I and Elein will be on it but I don't know who else.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.