Re: Totally weird behaviour in org.postgresql.Driver

From: "Peter" <peter(at)greatnowhere(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Totally weird behaviour in org.postgresql.Driver
Date: 2009-03-16 13:50:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
> Set a user variable after you've obtained a connection from the pool, and
> use that to log user-specific values.  That way, you maintain the benefits
> of connection pools, but can still identify individual users.

Do you mean setting a variable (or connection property) in Java? That wont
work - I need it for much more than just auditing. There are tons of PGSQL
code that relies on knowing the logged-on user, and performs complex data
analysis based on that. Now, if I had a way to set user-defined variable in
Postgres connection context that would work - but does not seem like PG
supports it...

Peter