Job Posting

From: Jayne Tanton <jayne(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Job Posting
Date: 2009-04-30 20:00:39
Lists: pgsql-jobs
To Whom It May Concern:

We currently have an opening at our Columbia, MD headquarters.  The
position requires strong knowledge of PostgreSQL.  Below is the job
description.  Please let me know if you know of anyone interested!

Thank you!
Jayne

Database Administrator

OmniTI manages several terabyte-sized databases in Oracle, PostgreSQL,
and MySQL. This position provides the exciting opportunity to work with
enormous databases in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
Responsibilities include disaster/recovery planning, backups/restores,
query tuning, troubleshooting, implementing cross-vendor replication
strategies, and database design.

The ideal candidate will have:

  * Experience managing database systems in a mission critical
no-downtime environment.
  * Understanding of disaster recovery techniques (point-in-time
recovery, backups, and restores).
  * Strong grasp of advanced SQL and stored procedures.
  * Comfortable with Solaris and/or Linux administration.
  * Good oral and written communication skills.
  * Familiarity with Oracle, Postgres and/or MySQL .
  * Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
  * College diploma or university degree in the field of computer
science and/or 5 years of equivalent work experience.

Desired Skills:

  * Experience administering complex deployments utilizing multiple
server platforms.
  * Comfortable patching server software and using revision control
systems such as SVN.
  * Experience writing and maintaining comprehensive system and process
documentation.
  * Experience with enterprise backup systems, such as Veritas NetBackup
or Bacula.
  * Experience with advanced shell scripting or programming experience

We offer an unparalleled work environment for smart people with a sense
of humor; challenging projects; and the opportunity to work with some of
the sharpest minds in the business.

Jayne Tanton
OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc.
Technical Recruiter
443-325-1357 x350
http://omniti.com/

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Greg SmithDate: 2009-05-04 20:27:25