Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Martin Pitt <mpitt(at)debian(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missing root.crt
Date: 2009-04-20 08:19:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> I think the "no" options are odd because they have _negative_
>>> designations.
>> That's the intention. When you're turning off something, I think it
>> makes sense to use "no"....
>
> But that doesn't scale: sslmode currently has four options, soon
> perhaps to be six. The idea is that the items should be of increasing
> security, and adding "no" in the middle doesn't allow that to be clear.

Here's a patch for this. Obviously, a lot needs to be done about the
docs here, I'm working on that.

I went with the names "require", "verify-ca" and "verify-full".

Patch also changes the default from "prefer" to "disable", per discussion.

Comments?

//Magnus

Attachment Content-Type Size
libpq_ssl.patch text/x-diff 9.2 KB