Re: Woo hoo ... a whole new set of compiler headaches!! :)

From: "Dave Held" <dave(dot)held(at)arrayservicesgrp(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Woo hoo ... a whole new set of compiler headaches!! :)
Date: 2005-04-22 15:44:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yeah, that's good news too, though it definitely helps that
Postgres is written in C. Most of the conformance improvements
are in the C++ front-end and the C++ Standard Library. Still
no export though. I personally believe that projects should
move to C++ when possible, but I understand that there is still
a perception that C is fundamentally faster.

__
David B. Held
Software Engineer/Array Services Group
200 14th Ave. East, Sartell, MN 56377