Re: phpinfo() doesn't show postgres as a configured module

From: Brian Fehrle <brianf(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: phpinfo() doesn't show postgres as a configured module
Date: 2009-04-16 22:55:51
Lists: pgsql-php
I had this exact same problem too, and a friend and I just got it
working. I'll show what we did.
I am running Sabayon Linux 4.1 (built on Gentoo)
PHP 5.2.8-r2
Apache 2.2.11
postgresql-server 8.3.5

Obviously it will depend on your configuration/distro/whatnot how you
can change it, but for me, this is how I fixed it. I'm very new to the
Linux world so I hope I phrase all this correctly.

First I edited my make file.
    # nano /etc/make.conf
In there is a line:
USE="stuffystuff"
At the very end I added "postgres" (minus the quotes) to the line, right
before the last quote. (the line was broken up into multiple lines. Each
line, except for the last, ends with \, be sure to not change any of that.)
Saved the file.

Then I emerged php and told it to use the make file.
    # emerge -N dev-lang/php
This recompiled my php, took a little while.

When that was done, I restarted the apache server.
    # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

When it restarted, I ran my php file with phpinfo(); on it and there was
a new entry for pgsql listed.

I hope this was of some help, I'm sure if you provide some information
on your installation, someone can help do the same thing on your end.

Good Luck,
             Brian