Re: PostgreSQL vs PostgreSQL-server

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Mike angelo" <angelocmp(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs PostgreSQL-server
Date: 2009-04-16 18:27:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Mike angelo <angelocmp(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> In looking at SuSE's download site, I see two available RPMs:
> postgresql and postgresql-server. It may be a novice question, but
> thn I am a Postgres novice. What exactly is the difference?

You don't say what flavor of SuSE, but on:

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64)
VERSION = 10
PATCHLEVEL = 2

Searching in yast I see the attached. Notice the description.

Of course, SuSE tends to lag so far behind that I always build from
source for the release I want.

-Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size
SuSE-postgresql-packages.txt text/plain 721 bytes