Re: Debugger hung on dummy function

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debugger hung on dummy function
Date: 2009-04-07 07:45:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
>
>> It's reproducible with any other function too, by stepping to the end of the
>> function. Which suggests that the problem occurs when the dialog is
>> displayed for the 2nd time.
>
> What, the infinite loop happens the second time, or it ignores the
> function entirely as I saw with the empty function? I had no problems
> debugging a function with just a raise notice in the body multiple
> times in a row.

When I choose "Debug" from the popup menu on the tree, on a functioon
with no args but with real content that the debugger can stop on, the
function execution is started and the debugger stops on the first line,
as it should. When I step through the function, all the way to the end,
it gets hung in the infinite loop.

>>> The line
>>> you've commented out simply sizes the grid so that the 'No arguments
>>> required' text fits in the first column. Does the following change
>>> work for you?
>> Yes! That fixes it.
>
> Great - I'll commit that then.

Thanks!