Re: Installation

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)cyber-office(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation
Date: 2009-04-06 03:27:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Fernando Hevia wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Just E. Mail <justemail(at)imwell-usa(dot)com
> <mailto:justemail(at)imwell-usa(dot)com>> wrote:
>
> Rod:
>
> I forgot to mention that I am a VERY VERY newbie. So what you wrote
> below is fine except I have no idea what it means.

OK. Here is how I think I did it -- been awhile since I did. Create a
file in /etc/yum.repos.d named 'pgdg-83.repo' with the lines I sent
before in it. You'll need to chose you own poison as far an editor
goes. I use vim, but with a default CentOS install there is vi and nano.

Once you have that should use the command

yum update pgadmin3 --enablerepo=pgdg83

if you have and older version installed or

yum install pgadmin3 --enablerepo=pgdg83
if not

YMMV. I'm basing this on my workstation which has suffered much abuse
yum/repo-wise as I use and experiment with many different packages.
The biggest issue I've ran into with pgAdmin, I believe, was with
wxWidgets. I had for awhile other packages that required an older or
newer version of wxGTK.

If you have a problem look into adding the rpmforge repository.

\\||/
Rod