Re: Patch to speed up pg_dump

From: "Vincze, Tamas" <vincze(at)neb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch to speed up pg_dump
Date: 2009-04-01 18:18:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Vincze, Tamas" <vincze(at)neb(dot)com> writes:
>> + * Note that it may still select BLOBs that have no comment if a pg_description row's objoid
>> + * matches a BLOB's loid, but references an object contained in a different system catalog,
>
> ... seems like that would be easy to fix ...

Yes, it wasn't that hard. The revised patch is attached.

Originally I didn't want to add more dependencies on the system
catalogs. Also, I've left the DECLARE statements untouched for
pre-v7.2 backends, so the NULL check on the comment is still
needed for those cases and if the description itself is NULL.

Regards,
Tamas

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump_blob_comment_fix.patch text/plain 1.2 KB