Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf

From: Andrew Chernow <ac(at)esilo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf
Date: 2009-03-30 15:24:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> BTW, unless someone objects I'd like to make the name of that function
> PQinitSecurity.

Agreed.  Although, both PQinitSecure and PQinitSecurity are very general
names.  "Security" can mean a lot of things.  Maybe the name should be
more particular, like PQinitOpenSSL.  I think its okay to reference the
openssl project name being how this function is designed to work with
openssl's library split.

Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC
every bit counts