Beta 2 issues

From: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Beta 2 issues
Date: 2009-03-30 09:07:49
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi

This is not really a beta 2 issue as it has existed for a while but I
thought I might as well raise it now.

In Server properties -> DB restriction there appears to a conflict
between the restriction in the UI and what the SQL actually wants. The
sql wants anything that can go in an IN clause (I think?) that is then
tested against datname - I'm not sure about the UI - I think there are
two paths but at least one path wants /datname IN (some list)/ which
produces invalid SQL.

To get around it you have to :-

   1. Server properties -> DB restriction put in the invalid /datname IN
      (some list)/
   2. let PgAdmin connect
   3. clear the invalid DB restriction (get the note about server
      settings...)
   4. Disconnect
   5. Server properties -> DB restriction put in correct restriction
      e.g. 'test_db'

Cheers

Kieran

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: PeterDate: 2009-03-30 10:32:37