Re: Hibernate, JBoss, PostgreSQL, timestamp read doesn't match during update

From: Roland Roberts <roland(at)astrofoto(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hibernate, JBoss, PostgreSQL, timestamp read doesn't match during update
Date: 2009-03-20 18:13:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dave Cramer wrote:
> You should not use a trigger to generate the version info for
> hibernate. You should use the application's time.
Then why bother having the generated atribute to version? That flies in
the face of the design of *Hibernate* in allowing this. Hibernate
*does* do the right thing in querying the column to get the value back
after the update. You're telling me to not do what Hibernate explicitly
say I can do. Why?

roland

--
PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD