Re: Re: PATCH: ctlSQLBox format-menu for indent/outdent, change lower/upper case & comment/uncomment for the selected text

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: PATCH: ctlSQLBox format-menu for indent/outdent, change lower/upper case & comment/uncomment for the selected text
Date: 2009-03-19 18:35:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Ashesh Vashi
> <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> Please find the patch for the above description.
>>
>> As per Dave's suggestion, I have added format submenu in the edit menu.
>> Just move the code for the indent/outdent to BlockIndent function & for
>> commet/uncomment to BlockComment function. And called these function from
>> the event function for the format menus and from the ctlSQLBox::OnKeyDown
>> function, from where it has been moved.
>
> Thanks Ashesh.
>
> Hackers; Ashesh worked up this patch in response to a suggestion from
> Ray O'Donnell that we should add the new editing features to a menu on
> the query tool to help the users learn them. I think I should have
> done that in the first place, and wanted to see how invasive the patch
> was, and whether we should apply it during beta.
>
> I think it's OK. Can I get some other opinions please? Otherwise I'll
> apply tomorrow.

Makes sense, I think, so it should be ok.

We've had some fairly large changes post beta-1, so we should probably
consider rolling beta-2 fairly soon to get people to test the complete
thing. Do we have anything else on the large scale in the pipeline?

A quick look-see shows some weird comments thouhg.. Those "moved this
and that" comments are really just for the commiter and not something
that belongs in the codebase, is it?

/Magnus