Re: GIN, partial matches, lossy bitmaps

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GIN, partial matches, lossy bitmaps
Date: 2009-03-05 13:58:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If we remove the support for regular, non-bitmap, index scans with GIN,
> that could be cleaned up as well. Even if we don't do that, gingetbitmap
> should not error when the bitmap becomes lossy, but just return the
> lossy bitmap.
Changes since 28.2
(http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/499B0FFA.8040608@sigaev.ru)

- fixes/changes pointed by Robert
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-02/msg00987.php)
- gingetbitmap will never throw error about lossiness of bitmap, it will return
lossy bitmap even it was a prefix search.
- remove tbm_check_tuple/tbm_has_lossy/tbm_max_non_lossy methods because they
become unused
- add new method tbm_add_page(TIDBitmap*, BlockNumber) to add the whole page to
the TIDBitmap.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
fast_insert_gin-0.29.2.gz application/x-tar 26.0 KB