Hot Standby - >8.5

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Hot Standby - >8.5
Date: 2009-02-27 10:47:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As discussed at
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/603c8f070902251956s16eee4a7l495d75d3ddccc78a@mail.gmail.com,
it's time to stop pushing hot standby into 8.4, take the time to work
out the remaining details, and schedule it for 8.5. It will be a great
feature when it's released, and in 8.5 we should also have the built-in
replication capability, making it even greater.

I'll start looking at other patches, to help with getting 8.4 out of the
door. Meanwhile, I'll also continue to review and discuss any updates to
Hot Standby, but at a lower priority. I'm expecting it to be ready for
the first or second commit fest of 8.5, meaning we have the full cycle
left to iron out any bugs or usability issues.

--
Heikki Linnakangas