Hot standby, recovery procs

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Hot standby, recovery procs
Date: 2009-02-24 08:40:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(back to reviewing the main hot standby patch at last)

Why do we need recovery procs? AFAICS the only fields that we use are
xid and the subxid cache. Now that we also have the unobserved xids
array, why don't we use it to track all transactions in the master, not
just the unobserved ones.

--
Heikki Linnakangas