Re: could not read block 77 of relation 1663/16385/388818775

From: Darren Reed <darrenr+postgres(at)fastmail(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, an(at)clickware(dot)de
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au
Subject: Re: could not read block 77 of relation 1663/16385/388818775
Date: 2009-02-22 11:29:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs
As another data point, I upgraded from 8.2.6 to 8.3.6
and I saw those corruption messages after restoring
pg_dump files back into the database with psql and
inserting a bunch of data (some duplicate records
got rejected.) The insertion of new data is via
perl's DBI interface.

This was after the upgrade, so there had been no
dirty stops, etc.

Thinking that it might be an index problem, I've tried
reindexing the entire database - no errors but neither
does the problem go away. Nor does it stop the database
from starting up.

Where it pops up seems to be random (going from the errors
on postgres's log from earlier starts.) At the moment,
it's stopping me from creating a new table or dropping an
existing table (where I first ran into the error.) But
accessing all of the tables is fine...

I suppose the logical thing for me to do is go back to 8.2.6.

Darren

ERROR:  could not read block 1 of relation 1664/0/1233: read only 0 of
8192 bytes

pgsql-bugs by date

Previous:From: Peter WoodwardDate: 2009-02-22 10:03:02
Subject: BUG #4671: Cluster Initialisation Fails on FreeBSD