Re: graph representation of data structures in optimizer

From: Adriano Lange <adriano(at)c3sl(dot)ufpr(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: graph representation of data structures in optimizer
Date: 2009-02-19 20:17:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escreveu:
> But really I think the problem with this approach is that the
> information density is too low --- imagine what it would look like in a
> six-or-more-way join.  I don't think the graphical approach is helpful
> at all here.

I was thinking about the hard visualization and navigability in the
graph. I think that a good solution for this would be a dynamic
navigability in their nodes and a rearrange their positions by focused
node. I'm not remembering now, but I've saw a tool like this.

Thanks

--
Adriano Lange
C3SL/UFPR - www.c3sl.ufpr.br