Re: building Postgresql in Windows XP

From: "Md(dot) Abdur Rahman" <rahman(at)mcrlab(dot)uottawa(dot)ca>
To: tushar <tushar(dot)ahuja(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: building Postgresql in Windows XP
Date: 2009-02-19 11:54:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Thank you sir.

Ah! got right person at right time :-). For now, my question is: I am
using my Windows XP OS on a laptop and built using MinGW. However, once
I try to create a database cluster using "initdb -D
/c/postgresql-8.3.5/src/data" it shows me a message "The program
postgres is needed by initdb but was not found in the same directory as
c:/postgresql-8.3.5/src/bin/initdb/initdb.exe. Actually the folder data
in src folder does not exist. Check your installation". I just want to
use this folder for the server instance of postgres. I have checked the
directory structure but did not find postgres.exe anywhere. Any quick
idea? I appreciate your help. As a new to this world, I feel that I am
asking some stupid question and thank you for your patience.

Best Regards
A. Rahman